Crockpot Pulled Pork
Serves 4, adapted from Elizabeth's Cooking Experiments
1.5 lb pork tenderloin
1/2 cup barbecue sauce (I used Kraft's honey roasted garlic bbq sauce)
1/4 cup water
1/4 tsp buffalo sauce
1 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp brown sugar
1 tbsp parpika
1 tsp sugar
1. Mix together the spice rub and rub it all over the meat. Let it marinate overnight.
2. Place the meat in the crockpot with the water and buffalo sauce and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
This is a sonogram of my pork baby. No really I'm not sure how it happened that this looked so much like a fetus. I felt a little guilty eating it. Kind of barbaric. But then I got over it.
3. Transfer to a cutting board and shred it with two forks. I thought this was going to be difficult, but the meat was so tender it started to shred by itself when I took it out of the crockpot.
4. Discard the fat and liquid from the crockpot, reserving 1Tbsp.
5. Put the meat back in the slowcooker and add the barbecue sauce. Mix together and cook on low for another 40-50 minutes.